Stichting Groningen Orgelstad was established on 22 April 2014. The aim of this foundation is to preserve the historical organs in the city of Groningen and to promote them, so that a large and diverse public can become acquainted with the unique splendor, both in sound and in design, of these instruments.
The emphasis of the activities is on the organization of two major organ events which are held in alternating years: the Schnitger Festival and the International Martini Organ Competition Groningen (IMOCG). The upcoming event is the 8thedition of the Schnitger Festival in October 2021. In August 2022 the next IMOCG will be organized.
The foundation is supported by the Stichting Avondtmusyck Martinikerk, the Stichting Vrienden Lutherse Kerk, the Vereniging Vrienden van de Nieuwe Kerk, the organ committee of St. Joseph’s Cathedral and the organ committee of the Pelstergasthuiskerk.
The activities of the foundation are aimed at promoting the city’s internationally renowned collection of instruments and at increasing the visibility of the activities of Groningen’s organ committees.
– to promote a stimulating organ policy for all the organs in the city of Groningen, which together represent a very rich heritage;
– to make the historical organ heritage of the city of Groningen heard, so that the music played on these organs, most of which have been restored with public funding, can be enjoyed by a broad public;
– the performance of all activities which are connected with, or may be conducive to the above.
- Marijke Bootsma- de Langen –chairman (tel. 050-3125060)
- Carla de Wit – penningmeester
- Hans van Hartingsveld
- Lambert de Bont
- Nick Smit
- Eltjo Mulder
- Lambert de Bont
- Jan Willem van Willigen
- Geert-Jan van Beijeren
- Erwin Wiersinga
- Stef Tuinstra
Stichting Groningen Orgelstad
Postal address: Reitdiepskade 2, 9718 BP Groningen
Established on 22 april 2014 te Groningen
Registered at KvK (Chamber of Commerce): 60535474
ANBI registered: 8539 51 536, dossier 91 371
Bank account NL18 ABNA 0608 69 91 95, payable to Groningen Orgelstad te Groningen