Candidates make audio recordings of the three works listed below and submit these through registration online.
– Fantasia in d
Johann Sebastian Bach
– Trio in G major, adapted from the 2nd movement BWV 1039/2 = BWV 1027/2.
Via this link (Ed.Breitkopf). The deletion of 6 measures can be respected or, if preferred, added using BWV 1039 or 1027.
– Komm, Heiliger Geist, Herre Gott
Round 1| Day 1:
Round 1 takes place on two consecutive days. Contestants will play on two organs, the Timpe organ in the Nieuwe Kerk and the Martini organ in the Martinikerk.
Day 1: Timpe organ, Nieuwe Kerk
Choice of one of the following movements from ‘8 Charakterstücke’, op. 54:
Choice of three movements from the following nine works:
Charakterstücke op. 156:
– No. 1 Praeludium
– No. 3 Canzonetta
– No. 6 Duett
– No. 11 Passacaglia
Miscellaneen op. 174:
– No. 1 Romanze
– No. 2 Scherzoso
– No. 3 Aufschwung
– No. 5 Agitato
– No. 6 Improvisatio
Choice of one movement from the following ‘Studien in kanonischer Form’, op. 56:
– No. 2 in A
– No. 4 in As
– No. 6 in B.
Round 1| Day 2:
Day 2: Martini organ, Martinikerk
– Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ BuxWV188
– Sonatine in D minor
Johann Sebastian Bach:
– Praeludium and fugue in C major BWV 545 + (in between the two) Largo from Sonate V BWV 529
– Praeludium and fugue in G major BWV 541 + (in between the two) Lente (without repeats) from Sonate VI BWV 530
Round 2 – Semifinal
During the semi-finals contestants will play on the Edskes organ in the Lutherse Kerk.
– Praeludium in G BuxWV 162
– Praeludium in g BuxWV 163
Johann Nicolaus Hanff
Choice of one of these three chorale arrangements:
– Ein feste Burg is unser Gott
– Ach Gott, vom Himmel sieh darein
– Auf meinen lieben Gott
– Voluntary for double organ
Participants choose one of the two organ recitals below:
– John Stanley: Concerto in C minor for organ, 2 violins and a bass, op.10, no. 4, via this link
– Joseph Haydn: Concerto in F major for organ, 2 violins and a bass, Hob. XVIII: 7
Round 3 – Finals
The finals take place in the Martinikerk where the participants play the Martini organ. They will perform four compositions: one by Scheidemann, one by Bach and two by Brahms.
Choice of one of three intavolations:
– Benedicam Domino (Lassus)
– Dic nobis Maria
– Verbum caro factum est
Johann Sebastian Bach
– Fantasia and fugue in G minor BWV 542
– Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major BWV 564
From Choralvorspiele, op.posth.122:
– No. 1 Mein Jesu, der du mich
– No. 10 Herzlich tut mich verlangen (6/4)